Ui! Me cagué yo

First exercise.
I´ll talk about my knit project of this year. I´ll start from the beginning, in our first class we had to realice an exercice in wich we had to create a garment from a ball of wool. I decided to do it kontig. Then to practice to use the knitting machine we did a basic jumper.
 But after these basic exercises, came the real one, in wich we had to sugest a personal project. The punk culture is one of my biggest influences. One characteristic of punk is the concept of destruction.In my project the base idea is to destruct the patern of a basic jumper. I distorted the base patterns of the jumper and I put them in other parts, for example, the front pattern is in the arm. Then I extend this paterns to have strips in each part and to knot them, to return to the first exercise.
 Each part of the destroyed jumper is in two or three parts and sewn to one another with red thread. That represent blood,  because other concept of the project is Frankenstein.
  
Finally I added some pink safety pins and screws to join pieces. I did some knit nappys where I embroidered "me cague yo".



 One of my fashion reference for this project was a exibithion from te MET called "Chaos to Couture".

Comentarios