Made by God

This term one of my influences was christian religion. This term we had to do black projects and I feel this influence is perfect for black. In this project my inspiration in christian religion comes for two reasons.
The first was clerical clothing. In my opinion it´s very beautiful andextravagant.  I looked for picutres and information on the internet and found a Spanish photographer, Cristina García Rodero. She speaks about many different topics, but I´m mostly interested about an especific series called "España Oculta" where she photographs traditions and popular festivities of Spain in the 80´s. A lot of this pictures are from Semana Santa and other religious festivities. To see more click here.
This past Semana Santa i took my camera and I went to a procession to take photos.


The other reason why I took religion as a reference isto criticise it. In particular the role of the woman and the discrimination she suffers on the bible. My idea was to create preast costumes for womans and embroider some bible text where it undervalue the womans. To make easier find this texts in the bible I search in http://www.bibliaonline.net/.


I also took some inspiration from other fashion designers who have treated religion in their collections before  . One of my favorite is Hussein Chalayan with his collection "burka" in (1997).

Comentarios